Monday, August 27, 2012

Last night in Little Rock


I guess I've known all along that we wouldn't be in Little Rock forever.  Yet here I am, my last night here, and I haven't gotten used to the idea of leaving yet.  Luckily, preparing for a move is hectic and has kept my mind from dwelling on the upcoming change too much.


I'm from one of those small towns where everyone knows (or wants to know) your business.  I'm not sure I was ever comfortable with that but once I got out of it, I knew I never wanted to go back to it.  I LOVE the anonymity a town the size of Little Rock provides.  I love that no one cares about what I'm doing or not doing!


I made the mistake of going to Target tonight to grab a few things we needed to clean the house.  I almost starting tearing up back in the clearance garden section.  I wanted to linger but knew I didn't have time and that Brad would give me the look if I brought more stuff home that would have to be moved.  And then to make it worse, my favorite little guy (the super sweet older gentleman at the WLR Target) checked me out.

The movers took everything to Mountain Home tonight and will be at the house at 8:30 in the morning to unload.  We decided to stay in our LR house with no furniture because the MH house doesn't have water yet and we wouldn't have been able to stay in a hotel with Spatz.  So we're camping out on the floor!  The renters will move in to the LR house Wednesday and I'm oddly glad the house won't have to be empty for long.  I've loved our little house and would hate for much time to go by without anyone living in it.


I've never been happier than I have been the seven years we've lived here.  There are so many things here that I think just fit me.  The city is the perfect size to have a lot to offer and feel cozy at the same time.  There is so much we never made time to do or see, but that will give us an excuse to come back!  That, and the many friends we're leaving here.  And I'm going to continue using the same beautician, doctor, and dentist.  I joked with my hygienist that I needed her to recommend that I get my teeth cleaned every three months so I would have an excuse to come back more often!

I'm looking forward to settling in to our new house and I know that unpacking will keep my mind off of missing LR.  And before I know it, I'm sure I'll love my new home!

1 comment: