Saturday, June 23, 2012

Emergency Medicine Residency Graduation

There were many times that I thought this day would never get here.  Brad graduated from residency Thursday night!! Medical school seemed to take forever but residency has flown by!  

  Brad and me.

(All of the pictures from my camera were just awful!!)

Bart and Brandi were able to make it and I know it meant a lot to Brad to have his brother there.  I think I'd be safe in saying no one is more proud of Brad than Bart!

Jason and Christy.
  They are moving to Birmingham and left right after graduation to drive there.  I hate that they're leaving but I hope it's just an excuse for us to go to Birmingham or Atlanta a couple times a year!

Richard and Beverly.
They are staying put in Bryant.  But they are moving to a new house (which I can't wait to see)!
Charell, me, Christy, and Beverly.  
I've enjoyed spending time with these three girls so much this year. Since meeting each other in October in San Francisco (Charell and I actually knew each other before since Brad and Zac were in Med. School together), we have scheduled lunch together at least once a month.  It's been nice to share such an exciting, and sometimes stressful, time in our lives with each other. 

This is how we normally look when we're together. These girls are so much fun!  I hope we can still get together often even though two of us will no longer be in Little Rock.  Charell and Beverly are both getting new houses that will have enough space for Christy and me to stay with them. Surely they'll let us!

Who knows.........  :)



Brad and Dr. Melton.  
They didn't actually give them their diploma but I would have thought this would have been a good time to do that.  Instead, this is a picture of Brad receiving his clock.
The whole class presenting a couple awards to their chairman.  This one was the Honey Badger award.  I guess it was an inside joke and I didn't ask.....

Richard, Skip, Zac, Brad, and Jason.

Brad loves these guys and is going to miss spending so much time with them.  He has been friends with Skip since the beginning of Med School.

Another shot of the guys, minus Skip, plus Wade.

I have to say that this night was a little bittersweet.  It's so exciting to move on to the next phase of this journey with Brad, but part of me wishes we had a little more time in Little Rock with our friends.  Luckily, we will be staying through July so we'll try to schedule as many things as we can!

After we left the Governor's Mansion, we all went to Big Whiskey to watch the Razorbacks and just hang out.  We had so much fun but stayed out way too late.  Did I mention that Brad is the oldest resident???  We're a little too old to be staying out past midnight!!
  Bart and Brandi spent the night with us and I think it was right around 2:00 a.m. when we finally went to bed.  And then Bart set the house alarm off at 7:00 a.m. when they were leaving.  I was so tired, I think I went right back to sleep before they even got out of the driveway!

3 comments:

  1. I am so, so proud of him and so very happy for the both of you.

    And do you ever age? You look almost identical to the you from high school?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations--such a BIG day! Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawn as soon as I heard that Bart was going to be trusted to let us out of the house I had a terrible feeling that was going to happen!

    ReplyDelete