Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Assignment #3 - Portrait

When my photography instructor told us that our assignment for this week was a portrait, I knew I was in trouble.  I DON'T HAVE ANYONE TO TAKE A PORTRAIT OF!!  

Since Brad refuses to let me take a shot of him, I had to use Spatz as my subject.  This is the one I submitted:


My instructor said it was great and her eyes were stunning!  Someone else in the class asked if she was a Russian Blue which surprised me a little since I made it black and white.  

I shot this in Aperture Priority with an ISO of 6400 and a shutter speed of 1/1000.  The ISO should have been way too high for the time of day (it was about 9:30 on a sunny Sunday morning) so I assume this is a little grainy but I think she is pretty sharp and my instructor didn't mention it so maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment