Sunday, August 28, 2011

Crafting

Between blogging and Pinterest, I'm overloaded on DIY and craft ideas right now.  So since I was home alone today, I decided to try some of the projectss I've had on my to-do list. There are some very inspiring ideas out there in Blogland but to be honest, I don't have a use for most of it.  Most of what I worked on today just turned out to be pieces of bigger projects but Hobby Lobby is closed on Sunday's so I'll just have to wait to finish them.  I'll try to post some pics of the finished products but don't hold your breath.... I love to start and hate to finish.
I like to spread out and make a big mess when I'm crafting.

I'm starting to think that I really need a sewing machine.  I've wanted one for a while, but 1) I don't know how to sew and the few times I've tried were basically disasters, and 2) there are too many sewing machines to choose from.  When it comes to things like this, I really just need someone to tell me what to get.  Any suggestions?  I grew up with my mom sewing all the time, but she didn't pass that trait down to me.  And I have little patience for tedious work (like cutting or sewing a straight line) so I don't want to waste (potentially) too much money on it.  I have my mom's first sewing machine that I've used a couple times but I don't know how to thread it even though she's shown me more than once.  So I think I need to try a newer model, one that threads itself.  :) 

2 comments:

  1. I have a sewing machine, Dawn, that I use mostly for my scrapbooking and card making. I say buy an inexpensive simple one until you feel more comfortable with your skills.

    Nice craft stash, by the way. I have one of those, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a sewing machine that I used about 5 times before I jammed it up somehow and now the needle won't move. It's just sitting in the closet, brand new, and useless!! ;)

    ReplyDelete