Monday, March 21, 2011

Old Toys

A friend from work asked me to take some photos of her dad's old toys for her nursery.  I love almost anything old and had so much fun taking these! 

 The Tinkertoys were my favorite but I wasn't sure how they would turn out for a framed picture to hang on a wall.  Because of the depth of field, this one didn't look so good printed.


I couldn't really figure out what to do with the marbles.  I loved all the colors but she didn't want the prints in color so she ended up not using it in the nursery.

Isn't this one cute!?!?  I thought it looked so good on the brown burlap.

I didn't really like this one at first, but it looked really good framed.


The next two are the color we had all of the shots printed in.  It was black and white with a brown overlay.  She had them matted in blue and framed in brown.  I was amazed at how good they looked in her super cute nursery!  
This is the Tinkertoy shot she chose to frame.   It was my favorite one in the nursery.

This one was the easiest one to photograph.  It wasn't old but looked good with all of the others.

The hardest part of this project was trying to get a shot that could be cropped to an 8X10 and fill the frame.  Several of the shots were better than what we ended up using because part of the image was cropped out.  

I thought this was a great idea to put in a little boy's nursery and was thrilled that she let me take the photos for her!!

No comments:

Post a Comment